Multi-Client Study: Sri Lanka (September 2016)
This report on the construction equipment in Sri Lanka is one of a series produced by Off-Highway Research.
The aim of this report is to present an accurate overview of the development of the various construction equipment sectors in Sri Lanka since 2010, assessing the major changes that have taken place, and those which are likely to occur by the year 2020. Following an initial period of desk research, an in-depth field research programme was undertaken in Sri Lanka during May and June 2016. Interviews were carried out with the local manufacturers and the most significant importers and distributors of construction equipment.
The report follows the normal format of an Off-Highway Research Multi-Client Study, which has been developed with an emphasis on clarity. The coverage of the report is organised as follows:
Political and Economic History: 1945-2016
Geography: Climate, topography, population, major cities.
For each product, the following coverage is offered:
• Market Size and Trends • Market Shares
• Foreign Trade • Domestic Manufacture and Assembly
• Component Sourcing • Population and End-Users
• Machines Available • Forecast
Distributor and Importer Profiles:
A review of the major distributors and importers in the country, offering the following coverage:
• History • Outlets • Employees
• Franchises • Company Formation and Ownership • Future Developments
• Turnover • Sales, 2011-2015 • Key Personnel